The Parish of Our Saviour was founded in 1955 and the church was dedicated in 1959. The church was designed by Paul C. Reilly, who was a member of the Cardinal's Committee of the Laity of the Archdiocese of New York and was the architect who completed the construction of the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart in New York. On August 1, 2015, the Parish of Our Saviour merged with the Parish of Our Lady of the Scapular–Saint Stephen. Saint Stephen's Parish was founded in 1848 and the church building, designed by James Renwick, Jr., is located on East Twenty-ninth Street, near Lexington Avenue. The Parish of Our Lady of the Scapular was founded in 1889 and was located at 341 East 28th Street. The parish merged with Saint Stephen's in the 1980s.
The Parish of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary was founded in 1914 and the first church was built at 307 East 33rd Street, between First and Second Avenues. In 2007, the parish merged with Our Lady of the Scapular–Saint Stephen. In May 2009, His Eminence, Edward Cardinal Egan, Archbishop Emeritus of New York, dedicated the Chapel of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary at 325 East 33rd Street. It has served as a mission to the Parish of Our Lady of the Scapular–Saint Stephen, until August 1, 2015, when it became a mission to the Parish of Our Saviour.